Lets furs clear the lingo – what is what. According GOOGLE
An avatar (Sanskrit: अवतार, IAST: avatāra) is a concept in Hinduism and it means “descent”, and refers to the appearance or incarnation of a deity on earth. The term also generally refers to “alight, to make one’s appearance” and sometimes used to refer to any revered guru or human being.
In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user’s alter ego or character. It may take either a three-dimensional form, as in games or virtual worlds or a two-dimensional form as an icon in Internet forums and other online communities.
A customer avatar is simply a detailed profile of your target customer. Once you’ve got one you can use it to do things like:
- Market to and own a niche where you become “the one to go to”
- Hone your marketing message so it appeals to a specific someone as opposed to a generic everyone.
- Increase conversion rates because you’ll be able to say the sorts of things that will encourage your target customer to take action
- Attract more of the right customer because the “wrong” people won’t be attracted by your message
- Avoid spending money on marketing that just doesn’t work
It’s relatively easy to create a customer avatar. It simply involves completing a template of detailed information to profile your best customer.
Focus ALL your attention on attracting the right people
Tightly tailor your message to your ideal customer. For example:
- Creatively use the language your customers use
- Closely address their buying objections
- Design the sort of offer you know your avatar will respond to
- Filter out the sort of person you’d rather not work with etc.
In addition, instead of guessing the most effective marketing media, or simply using the format that everyone else is trying, you can choose the method you know your target customers are most likely to look at.
And as a result, you’ll increase your conversion rate, attract more of the right customer AND avoid burning money on advertising that simply doesn’t work.